Monday, June 18, 2012

Why PaintCode May Equal PainCode


On the one hand, I say, pretty cool to convert any vector graphic into a graphic rendered in iOS.

On the other hand, I say, if I have to update a rasterized image, in Photoshop I just have to swap out the image and keep the same name. As long as the image size and name is the exact same as before, it updates in XCode without a hiccup.

But if I have to update a vector graphic, won't that have to go through QA again? Because you're messing with the code using a third-party tool that may or may not be reliable.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the concept of PaintCode. Actually, it's pretty damn cool.

It's just that from a programming standpoint, a graphics tool that creates more code for me to debug ... well, I see more downside than upside on this one. Feel free to comment and disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment